Red Stag Timber consists of a new USNR Tandem-Quadsaw sawmill line, with associated timber processing operations for kiln drying, planing, treating and remanufacturing. Currently producing over 600,000m³ of Radiata Pine and Douglas-fir lumber per annum, resulting in an annual turnover of over NZ $220 million. Red Stag Timber employs approximately 300 staff.
Red Stag Timber has a long-term commitment to further developing its product range and market base. Its particular focus is on structural lumber products, but it also produces landscaping, industrial, appearance and furniture lumber grades. These products are sold in New Zealand and exported to Australia, the Pacific Islands, Asia, Africa, Europe and North America.
To achieve this, Red Stag Timber is committed to continual upgrade of its production facilities.
Recent investments include:
- Acoustic grading of logs and lumber (2004 and 2006)
- The latest technology dry-mill planing plant (2006)
- Two new high-speed drying kilns (2006 and 2008)
- A new sawmill trimmer and stacker (2008)
- Two 3D scanners for both sawmill lines (2008 and 2009)
- The latest Metriguard high-speed machine stress grader (2009)
- A new low pressure timber treatment plant (2009)
- Upgrade pusher-lug sawmill bin-sorter (2010)
- Two new continuous drying kilns (2011 and 2013)
- High tech remanufacturing plant (2012)
- Planermill grade scanning trimmer (2013)
- Sawmill grade scanning edger and trimmer (2013)
- New complete sawmill line (2016)
- Third continuous drying kiln (2016)
- A new high pressure timber treatment plant (2016)
These factors, combined with a long term secure log contract, an enthusiastic stable workforce and a commitment to highest quality products and relationships, give Red Stag Timber the edge for long term success in its chosen markets.